When you’re looking around for a crucial, and costly, thing, you got to understand the lingo. Knowing what these terms imply for the quality, life expectancy, and performance of your spa cover care can make a large difference in your purchase.
- Foam Density: Jacuzzi covers are offered in one-pound, one-and-a-half-pound, as well as two-pound densities. The higher the thickness, the more powerful, as well as better at keeping warmth your cover will be.
- Foam Thickness: The majority of cover tapers array in density from 4 x 2 inches to 6 x 4 inches. Thicker foam can manage heavier loads as well as keep in heat more effectively.
- R-value: The Federal Trade Commission controls how to evaluate for as well as divulge to customers the warm resistance of foam insulation. However, no person controls R-value for spa cover foam, therefore, it isn’t consistent across producers. That does not quite a few of them from utilizing R-value as a selling factor. Simply remember thickness and thickness are better indicators of quality, as well as take R-value figures with a grain of salt.
- Marine Quality Vinyl: The covering of your jacuzzi cover is made from a product immune to continuous water exposure. The requirement is marine-grade vinyl. However, it differs in quality. It’s rated by its weight per square backyard, typically ranging from 26 to 34 ounces. The greater the number, the stronger the vinyl, specifically if it’s pre-treated for ultraviolet, or UV, as well as mold resistance.
- C-Channel: A steel bar to run the size of the cover assists to enhance it under hefty loads. It’s immune to chemical rust while providing a little protection for the foam panels, as well.
- Vapor Bar: The core of foam is wrapped in 1-2 layers of the slim plastic movie which help stop moisture from saturating in the foam. Generally, it’s sealed surrounding the foam with warmth. As your cover gets aged, the vapor obstacle slowly breaks down.
- Security Locks: Health facility covers featured as several as four locks built-in. Some are an easy plastic dial, while others secure with a secret. If you’ve got toddlers or you leave your jacuzzi neglected for a season, safety and security locks may be a vital function for your cover.